Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where's Carl Griffith's Starter? (Updated)

I was all set to post the good news - I've managed to revive my sample of Carl's Starter and even bake some very tasty loaves that taste like they came straight out of a sourdough bakery - when a commenter on my former post brought my attention to the bad news:  the Carl's Friends website is gone.  They were located at carlsfriends.net.  But if you go there today, you'll see only a generic domain holding page.

This is a call for information.  Does anybody know whether the offer of Carl Griffith's free starter is gone?  I've enjoyed using this starter, which is extremely fast-acting, very temperature hearty, and quite sour in comparison to my slower-acting and sweeter homegrown wild yeast starter.

Update April 6, 2011:  Carlsfriends.net is back!  I don't know why it went away, but it's back and it looks like you can get Carl Griffith's starter free again.

I will post pictures of my Carl's bread, and updates on new whole wheat sourdough triumphs (I've finally managed to figure out the "secret" to making whole grain sourdough bread taste sweet) as soon as I get settled with my new computer.

Text and Images are the Original and Copyrighted Property of Sourdough Freedom. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment